Senior Googler looking for Product Owner position in fast growing space
- Data-driven product manager with passion for technology as an enabler
- Customer-focused, putting emphasis on doing the right thing
- Software engineer with experience tackling both technical & business challenges
- 5 years in Ad Tech, of which 3 in launching features generating multi-million dollars in revenue
- Excellent communicator regularly engaging with clients and top management
- Curious and open-minded person who has lived in 8 countries across Asia, Europe & the US
Senior Technology Manager for Google's Doubleclick offering
Product manager with a focus on serviceability, that routinely drives consensus across Google's engineering, product, commercialization, sales, and policy teams to develop, implement and roll out product strategy that increases yields for our publishers.
Since May 2014(3 years)New York
- Created a product vision & roadmap around simplification of critical user journeys, leveraging data analysis skills and user feedback to surface actionable insights; negotiated trade-offs with Engineering; effectively cut down product complexity for all our users by 21%
- Designed & launched globally the DFP to Ad Exchange multisize backfill feature, providing double-digit yield uplift to our clients, and resulting in immediate strong adoption due to a simplified workflow
- Rolled out a major & global migration of our entire Ad Exchange user base to a new stack, at a very low support cost, following months of careful preparation and key identification of risk profiles
- Ran all serviceability aspects of Exchange Bidding since its inception, and incrementally improved the onboarding, trafficking and reporting user journeys to cut all support costs by 30% & scale feature
Technical Account Manager for Large European Google's Doubleclick Publishers
Technical Account Managers specialize in Monetization (Ad Exchange, AdSense for Content/Search, AdMob) and Ad Serving (Doubleclick For Publishers) products, ensure that billions of ad requests are fulfilled, and generate maximum revenue for our publishers on a daily basis.
Dec. 12 - Apr. 14(1.5 year)France
- Acted as product expert in deals negotiations with publishers and Sales
- Managed relationships with large French & Spanish strategic partners from a technical perspective, in partnership with Google Sales
- Advised partners on revenue maximization through technical changes guiding of our products' use
- Trained partners and managed flawless deployment/migration projects to new Google solutions
- Identified opportunities for growth and new product features by generating business intelligence dashboards on global product usage
Google Play Product Specialist & Process Improvement Engineer
Google Play is Google's one-stop shop for entertainment with millions of apps, songs, books and movies. Google Play accounts for more than 65 billion app downloads as of May 2016.
Over 17 months with the international user support team, I drove significant results:
May 11 - Nov. 12(17 months)Ireland
- Planned and launched user support in French and Spanish for millions of users using Android Apps
- Ensured cross-functional communication across Engineers, Customer representatives, team members around the globe (USA, Europe, Asia)
- Created new reporting formats on pressing user issues, and prioritized them to better spot areas of action, which led to significant product changes and decreased user contact rates
- Improved global team efficiency by ~10% quarter/quarter through tools dev. & processes redesign
Program Manager of the IT Infrastructure Separation in Asia
Areva T&D (acquired by Alstom and Schneider Electric in June 2010) was part of the French nuclear power champion Areva, among the top 3 global players in the transmission & distribution of energy.
The project was a large international project aimed at separating Areva T&D into 2 distinct companies.
Aug. - Dec. 2010(5 months)Singapore
- Coordinated with 8 project managers on a portfolio of 32 projects across the Asia
- Structured projects into uniform milestones & Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for effective tracking
- Automated tracking & progress presentation building using VBA (Excel/Powerpoint) to save ~1d/week
- Led Regional Steering Committees and informed Top Executive Steering Committees of progress
- Oversaw the IT infrastructure separation impacting 7k employees (out of 25k globally); delivered half of the projects during my contract
Masters of Sciences in Strategy and Management of International Business
This Program was ranked 5th in Financial Times, Masters of Management 2009
In partnership with Nanyang Technological University NTU NBS MBA Program, Singapore
2009 - 2010Singapore
- Thesis with Honours: "The mobile application stores war: How to properly address B2B segment?"
Analyst-Developer within Corporate Technology-Information and Communication Section
Within the Corporate Technology of Siemens, the 7 person team worked on innovative web technologies for embedded devices. This research project studied and prototyped the integration of electric cars and their batteries into home automation systems, aimed at modeling the next generation of energy generation/consumption grid, a.k.a. the Smart Grid.
Feb. - June 2009(5 months)Germany
- Ported the SOAP - Java middleware on a linux wifi router, profiled the application for improvement in terms of memory leaks and execution bottlenecks, and set roadmap for improvements with the team
- Integrated simplified hardware as Web Services into the product's framework, using XML and IEC-61850-4/61400 standards, in order to emulate a car battery
- Designed potential business scenarios of integration of electric cars into Smart Grids and demonstrated feasibility on simple "house" router with previous hardware/software integration
E-Business, IT Consultant & Advisor
As an individual, I value integrity, excellence and data-driven decisions. This led me to first draw from my technical skills to produce high quality and W3C standard compliant Web solutions for my clients. Later, my focus shifted to process and business improvements, be it building a business plan from the ground up or providing strategic guidance to an existing project.
Aug 04 - May 12
- Designed and developed over 20 Websites/intranet to solve issues effectively (i.e. Intranet in PHP/MySQL for chemicals stock management used daily by over 200 staff)
- Assisted companies in launching new products by building business plans and cash flows analysis (i.e. TechSailor & The Cosmo Company in Singapore)
- Negotiated contracts directly with customers & managed end-to-end project from needs to releases
- 2016: Member of the board of advisors on Mobile App Monetization topics for a Singapore health startup, leader in Asia in the doctor-patient chat business
Since Feb 16France, Ireland, Singapore
Software Engineer for the Enterprise Competitiveness Section
The International Trade Center is an agency of both the World Trade Organization and the United Nations. The Enterprise Competitiveness Section focuses on empowering Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) in developing countries by refining their business plans through the Business Management System (BMS).
Intern (2004); part-time on remote contract (2005 - 2006); 8 months on site (2008 - 2009)
June 06 - Jan 09(15 months)Switzerland
- Managed full project cycle from needs and specifications down to releases
- Designed and developed form-building modules for Typo3 (PHP/MySQL/DHTML) flexible enough for business counterparts to build any current and future forms needed for the BMS
- Fixed bugs in Typo3, impacted hundreds of SMBs through 20+ diplomats using the software
Software Developer within the Petrel 3D modeling team
Schlumberger Limited is the world's leading oilfield services company supplying technology, information solutions and integrated project management for the oil and gas industry.
Petrel is their flagship product for terrain modelling and oil extraction planning.
May - Sept. 07(4 months)England
- Navigated inside complex architecture (180+ Studio projects, millions of lines of codes)
- Designed & developed a 3D data plotting feature in C# ("Open Inventor" SDK), which lead to a patent
Double Masters of Engineering in Computer Science
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, 2007-2009
National Institute of Applied Sciences of Lyon (INSA Lyon), France until 20072005 - 2009France, Spain
- Native French,
- Bilingual English & Spanish
- Theater actor for 4 years at university,
- Humanist photographer for 7 years (Nikon D90)
- Visited 30+ countries in Europe, Asia & America
- Curate news about Politics, Economics, and Tech
- Daily cycling, road bike I de/reassembled myself